Stream obstructionIn addition to stream obstruction permits from the Water Structures Program in the Division of Water Resources, other permits may be required, including but not limited to:

Permit to Appropriate Water from the DWR Water Appropriation Program

Construction permits from county and local government

Corps of Engineers Clean Water Act Permit (Phone: 816-389-3990)

Kansas Department of Health and Environment Permit for Stormwater Run-Off (Phone: 785-296-5545)

Other resources of interest, include:


In addition, for information on a particular stream obstruction, you may obtain copies of public records maintained by the Kansas Department of Agriculture not exempt from disclosure. You may request records using this online request form.