Agricultural Liming Material

Updated July 21, 2020

The laws associated with this part of our program are in The Kansas Agricultural Liming Materials Act.

Every manufacturer of liming materials to be distributed in Kansas must be registered.  To register a new site, print the Application for New Site, fill it out, and send it along with the $25 fee to the address on the form.  These registrations expire on June 30 of each year.  This form may also be used to renew the sites each year.

In July, each registrant must report the tonnage of liming material sold during the previous registration period and pay a fee of $.05 per ton.

Kansas State University Soil Testing Lab has provided an Agriculture Lime Testing Procedure - July 1, 2015 informational worksheet to help explain and define the ag lime testing process.

Payments may be made using the Electronic Payment Form - Ag Lime.  To do so, please fill out the form and send it in along with the forms you are making payments on.

RALIS - Reclamation Ag Lime Information System

The Kansas Department of Agriculture has begun implementing a requirement that all licensing and registration renewals for all agency programs be completed online. 

The new system addresses all program licensing, registration, and reporting requirements.  The official name for the database is Reclamation Ag Lime Information System (RALIS). 

Below is the link to RALIS; we recommend saving this link to your desktop, as it will be used to renew your  license, which is due June 30 of each year, as well as submitting your Tonnage Report, which is due July 31 of each year.